Invisalign aligners offer an excellent alternate for everyone who wants to achieve a healthy and attractive set of teeth without wearing metal braces. Invisalign aligns teeth faster than conventional metal braces while being more comfortable on the wearer. At Amin Tabatabaian D.D.S. PLLC, Dr. Amin Tabatabaian, offers Invisalign aligners which have become a popular alternative to traditional metal braces.
Invisalign system includes a series of removable and transparent aligners made from a thermoplastic material known as SmartTrack that works to straighten the teeth. As per the American Association of Orthodontists, Invisalign is designed to make the process of realigning the teeth less conspicuous.
Invisalign uses 3D computer imaging technology to plan the patient's treatment from the starting to the ending phase and manufacture invisible aligners for each phase to shift the teeth to correct positions.
What Are The Dental Issues Invisalign Can Correct?
Invisalign aligners can be used to treat and fix various dental concerns including:
- Crooked Teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Open Bite
Who Are the Right Candidates for an Invisalign Treatment?
To be an ideal candidate for Invisalign treatment, a patient should meet the following criteria:
- Adults and older teenagers with predominantly developed adult teeth can undergo the Invisalign procedure.
- Invisalign can treat only minor orthodontic conditions like bite issues, mild misalignment, and gapped teeth. For severe malocclusion, your dentist will recommend other orthodontic treatments.
- Patients who find it difficult to keep up with regular dental appointments to get the braces tightened can benefit from Invisalign aligners as they need only fewer dental visits.
- Above all, Invisalign aligners are ideal for those looking to align their teeth discreetly.
- It is more comfortable than traditional braces as they do not include any metal brackets or wires.
- Virtually invisible on the teeth as they are made from transparent material.
- Treat dental issues like overbite and underbite.
- Upkeep of dental hygiene is easy with Invisalign aligners, as they can be removed as and when needed and while brushing and flossing.
- Cleaning Invisalign aligners is easy.
- No food restrictions for the patients like that of the traditional metal braces.
The Invisalign procedure starts with a thorough diagnosis of the patient's mouth by obtaining X-rays to evaluate the severity of the malocclusion. After this, the dentist will get the impressions of the patient's teeth using 3D computer imaging software and use this as a reference to fabricate the aligners for each stage.
If you would like to schedule a consultation for Invisalign treatment, visit our office, Amin Tabatabaian DDS PLLC, at 5701 Northeast Bothell Way Suite 3, Kenmore WA, 98028 or call Dentist Kenmore WA at (425) 486-9233.